|Pokémon Fusion Generation|
|Writer(s)|| Matt Martin|
|Release date||November 11, 2012|
Pokemon Fusion Generation is a fan-made RPG based on the Pokémon series, developed using RPG Maker XP and the Pokémon Essentials starter kit. It features gameplay similar to the official series, but it includes Pokémon Fusions, created by "fusing" existing Pokémon. The fusion theme extends beyond the Pokémon themselves, as the game combines elements from the different generations of Pokémon. The game is set mostly in Kanto, the setting of the Generation I games. Chronologically, it's set between Generations III and IV, and the player character, among other elements, is taken from Generation III.
A sequel, Fusion Generation II, was developed but not published to the Internet due to legal concerns.
Pokémon Fusion Generation was developed in 2012. A game trailer was uploaded to YouTube on October 5, 2012, and the game was released on November 11, 2012. It's been updated many times since then. The Pokémon Fusion sprites used in the game were created between 2004 and 2012, with some being updated and new ones being added in 2013.
The game is often confused for an adaptation of Alex Onsager's Pokemon Fusion generator. This is not correct as the website did not launch until 2010, six years after work began on Pokemon Fusion Generation.
- Brendan (from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire)
- May (from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire)
- Bill (from Pokémon Red, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
- Professor Oak (from Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
- Janine (from Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
- Blue (from Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)