|Pokémon Fusion Generation|
|Writer(s)|| Matt Martin|
|Release date||November 11, 2012|
Pokémon Fusion Generation is a fan-made RPG based on the Pokémon series, developed using RPG Maker XP and the Pokémon Essentials starter kit. It features gameplay similar to the official series, but it includes [[Pokémon Fusion]]s, created by "fusing" existing Pokémon. The fusion theme extends beyond the Pokémon themselves, as the game combines elements from the different generations of Pokémon. The game is set mostly in [[Kanto]], the setting of the Generation I games. Chronologically, it's set between Generations 3 and 5, and the player character, among other elements, is taken from Generation 3.
A sequel, Fusion Generation II, was developed but not published to the Internet due to legal concerns.
Pokémon Fusion Generation was developed in 2012. A game trailer was uploaded to YouTube on October 5, 2012, and the game was released on November 11, 2012. It's been updated many times since then. The Pokémon Fusion sprites used in the game were created between 2004 and 2012, with some being updated and new ones being added in 2013.
- Brendan (from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire)
- May (from Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire)
- Bill (from Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
- Professor Oak (from Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
- Janine (from Pokémon Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
- Blue (from Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold, and SoulSilver)
- Ellie the pikachu
Some time after the events of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, Brendan and May have traveled from Hoenn to the Kanto region looking for a new challenge. One of them remains the Champion of Hoenn and seeks to become the Champion of Kanto as well. The other has recently taken up battling again after previously giving it up and acts as the player's rival. Both of them leave behind their old Pokémon and begin anew in Pallet Town. Soon they encounter Bill and learn of his new invention: Pokémon Fusions. Throughout the game, Bill struggles with the consequences of his work and the player must battle the Gym Leaders of Kanto and their Pokémon Fusions, as well as those who want to use Pokémon Fusions for evil.